School of Health & Life Sciences
Lecturer in Health Studies (AC3) – REQ001572
AC3: £44,706-50,296 per annum, plus London weighting allowance
Full time, 35 hours per week, Permanent
THE POST – Lecturer in Health Studies
The School of Health and Life Sciences is one of the largest integrated schools combining health and life science programmes. Our graduates make an immense contribution to improving the health and wellbeing of communities across the globe.
The post is due to an expansion of our Professional Health Studies programme and will be based in our newly developed London Campus within the Division of Biological Sciences and Health. There will be an opportunity to contribute to learning, teaching and research across the school.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Degree and relevant postgraduate/Ph.D. qualification in health or related area (or be near completion).
- An experienced professional in the field of health and social care ideally with experience of research in higher education.
- Experience of learning, teaching and assessment within Higher Education. A postgraduate qualification in education/teaching and learning, and/or HEA fellowship are desirable.
- Commitment to delivering high quality teaching and supporting an outstanding student experience.
University of the West of Scotland is one of Scotland’s largest and most dynamic modern universities. Our reach across the country, together with our London campus, means that UWS is a significant force in global knowledge creation, innovation, and a leading provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree education. Our degrees provide students with a transformational experience; equipping them with highly sought-after graduate skills that set them up for global success in world-leading sectors, industries and businesses. With cutting-edge courses, modern pedagogy and practical knowledge, we enable our students and staff to experience the joy of learning, teaching, research and innovation, and apply their knowledge for the benefit of others.
UWS has had a presence in London since 2015, and our London provision has generated significant interest and seen student numbers grow dramatically over recent years. UWS London Campus, close to one of the world’s biggest financial capitals, is an exciting and vibrant place to work and study offering flexible technology-rich working and learning spaces with panoramic views of Docklands and Canary Wharf.
The School of Health & Life Sciences at UWS offers innovative teaching and research opportunities, firmly focused on the real-world challenges facing the healthcare and life sciences sectors. You will join a supportive and committed team, where you will play a key role in continuing to establish the University as a force for good. Our students benefit from studying in modern learning facilities – among the very best in the country – and the strong links we have with partner organisations across the private, public and third sectors. Find out more about our School of Health & Life Sciences.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- 35 days of annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- 23% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work-life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities.
Informal enquiries can be made to Dr Elaine Stevens, Programme Leader, Biological Sciences and Health at: email@example.com
Further information, including details of how to apply are available at https://jobs.uws.ac.uk/
The current academic structure and nomenclature at UWS is as follows:
AC2 – Lecturer (first time academic post)
AC3 – Lecturer
AC4 – Senior Lecturer (alternate titles used in different Universities include Principal Lecturer or Associate Professor)
Closing Date: Sunday 5th June 2022
Interview Date: Wednesday 22nd or Thursday 23rd June 2022
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.
#Lecturer #Health #Studies #job #UNIVERSITY #WEST #SCOTLAND